Monday, October 31, 2011

Day in Christchurch, New Zealand

After trying on my cold weather gear, a friend and I took a bus into downtown.  We went to the botanical gardens (free and beautiful if you ever make it out this way!), and walked around downtown.  After the big earthquake in February, downtown was completely closed because of all the building damage.  Just this past weekend, they opened a few streets.  Since many buildings were so damaged, they reopened in storage like containers!





2 comments:

  1. Great floral shots! Looks like good times. Miss ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kristina it looks beautiful there not so true about some of the other pics. I hope i am doing this right let me know if thats possible that i am take care and know you are in my thoughts and prayers good luck aunt susan

    ReplyDelete