Saturday, October 29, 2011

Made it to Christchurch, New Zealand!

After 2 days in Denver, and 3 very long flights to the Southern Hemisphere, I have made it to Christchurch, New Zealand.  I will hang here for the next 36 hours to catch up on some sleep, repack a few things, and get my cold weather gear.  I should be on my way to McMurdo, Antarctica on a C17 Monday morning.

I will probably be heading to downtown Christchurch tomorrow, hopefully I can get a few pictures to post!!

Really excited for the adventure that lies ahead!

4 comments:

  1. Great to hear you are on your way. Post lots of pictures and enjoy the experience.

    Rick Marzullo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you made it this far. Have fun. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you made it as far as temp it gets to 60 and70 below up here in ND you are a tough little lady take care is this your first experience in the freezing let me know if you need any tips even though I know you got it all studied out, Stay warm and in touch that is so awesome!!
    Aunt Susan

    ReplyDelete