Thursday, November 3, 2011

The World Revolves Around Me!

I have made it to the South Pole of the World!!!  We landed in a LC-130 (ski equipped) jet around lunchtime today.  I've been busy ever since!  (Good thing- windchill is -51.... dare I say I've been cold for a good portion of the day?!?!?)

It's great to finally unpack my things in my tent- it's so stylish!  The previous owner left me many goodies.. and my space is divided by plywood, with a concocked door!  Many tents just have sheets!  So, by Polie standards I'm living well!  In fact, I'm sitting in my bed, using wifi to blog!!  :)

As I mentioned before, the satellites come and go- in fact, I will lose them in just a few minutes!  I'll post pictures when I get a little more settled!  For now, I need some dinner and rest!  I start my new job tomorrow.

Cheers!!!!

5 comments:

  1. YEAH! Glad you made it safely!

    Katie Stark

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now lets not get this southpole stuff go to your head now....the world revolves around you lol....ok maybe your right:) excellent photos like always, now thats an aircraft,beats the emb's,i never saw one up close but they look awesome!!!!!.....and for the cold -51 wow!!!!,now you can check this dream of your bucket list ;) stay safe..enjoy your new job ..chat soon

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you made it! I bet it's like a whole other world. And at that temperature, all the Banana Republic coats in Houston won't help you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was good to talk to you last night. Your voice sounded good. I'm getting a box together of the drink mixes. Should mail early in the week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A door...Yay! You crack me up.

    ReplyDelete