Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Made it to McMurdo, Antarctica!

Well, I've made it to the ice!  :)  It's 11:30pm, 5:30 (yesterday, by you) central time... and after a very long day, I've finally found a moment to post a few pictures!  I'm scheduled to go to the Pole in 8 hours (after a few hours of sleep), but the weather is forecasted to be crummy... so, I'll keep y'all posted.  For now, just a few pictures from the trip in and a quick hike earlier (saw 3 seals hanging out, with their hole to get in the water to right)!








3 comments:

  1. Fantastic, you made it, I'm so proud of you, you said you were going to do it, and by god you made it. Keep the pics coming, I know it's not a holiday there, but when you get a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi kristina, congrats on your arrival. photos are great. looks like you had a great trip down. take care and ill keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Look at that. Can't believe you're almost there!

    ReplyDelete